This past weekend, Oct. 1-3, 2015, the students in Houston finished their Archangel Michael icons. Beginners wrote the half-figure as shown below and the advanced students did a full-figure icon. We had a large first weekend in September and a few students were not able to make the second weekend but we still had about 8 students all smiling in the picture below on our last day. We had discussions about how transfiguration is expressed in the morphology of the iconic face. Several students prepared to practice at home after the workshop by purchasing their pigment kit at www.iconographysupplies.com One of the students in the class who purchased one last summer remarked on how much she loved her kit, the variety of colors and the beautiful packaging (pic below).
To register for an Icon Arts workshop go to http://www.iconarts.com/iconography-workshops/
Iconography workshop at the Dallas Museum of Art this coming November, taught by Icon Arts’ Irene Pérez.SIX-DAY ICONOGRAPHY WORKSHOP IN DALLAS, TX November 10th – 15th, 2014
This six-day workshop is open to students of all levels. You must be able to attend the three days on both weekends in order to participate.
- Instructor: Irene Pérez, iconographer with 17 years of experience.
- Project: Lady of Tenderness
- Location: Museum of Museum of Biblical Art, 7500 Park Lane, Dallas, TX 75225. Ph. 214.368-4622
- Workshop coordinator: Maria Sheets. You may contact her for registration information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: October 15th, 2014.
- Tuition: $640.
- Schedule: Classes begin everyday at 9 A.M. and end at 5 P.M. Lunch break is usually around noon for one hour. You may bring your lunch our you may go out to eat nearby. Ask the coordinator for details.
This is the second day of the Icon Arts Iconography Workshop in Mandeville, Louisiana where we are working on the icon of the Holy Family at Art Time Studios. This is a 6-day intensive iconography workshop. Today we finished gilding, putting the red line around the halos, lines and roskrish. The icon is written with natural materials, such as, gilding bole, 23.5 Kt. gold leaf, natural pigments in egg tempera medium.